Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Bonneville Aftermarket Stero Setup

workplaydie
03-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I have a new Kenwood Excelon KDC-X589 cd deck installed, I want to replace the door speakers(5-1/4"+1"tweet on each door, two grilles per door) and the 6x9s in the rear. What is the best way to do this and does anybody recommend a certain Kenwood model for each set of speakers? Can I avoid removing my door panels? And how do I remove the 6x9s, from the trunk or removing the back seat? Also, I need to know if kenwood has a good/affordable 4 channel amp to power my front doors and the 6x9s, Im looking for at least 100x4 RMS. Also, I will be getting Two 12" or 10" woofs, where can I put them? I do not want to use the trunk. I listen to heavy metal and need help configuring a setup. I will be replacing all the factory speakers and powering them hopefully with just one amp but maybe two, and after that I will be getting the woofs and an amp for them, but what the heck do I do with them, I dont want a box in my backseat or in my trunk, any help will be appreciated.

pimprolla112
03-11-2007, 05:26 PM
You can run them in there rear deck, but you will need to seal the deck as good as possible or build a small enclosure that mount under the deck so they act properly. If not alot of audiophile subs will play with no issue in a free air setup. Do you really need all kenwood stuff, they make good HU's and ok amps, but there speakers arent really the best. Id look on ebay for a set of good comps. ANd yes you will need to remove the door panels to put the new speakers in, unless you want to run something like a q-form in the kick panel instead. As for amps search back a few posts and you will see a list i got together for playstation3, as well as some other suggestions.

PaulD
03-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I mounted my mids and tweets in kick panel pods and had an 8" sub glassed into each front door. I have just one amp, works out really good for me - especially for a daily driver. I have up 0 trunk space with this install.

workplaydie
03-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Please inform me how to "glass" subs into my doors, is this tough to do? Also, for your mids and highs do you mean those 100-200 dollar panels that fit snug under the dash near the front driver's/passenger's feet? If so where can you find these at a good price? If installing 8" subs into 2-4 doors is possible than all I would need is a good component setup in front and I'd replace the 6x9s in back with aftermarket's and figure out the amp setup, this would be nice but I have a feeling 8" subs, especially high-quality ones, will not fit into any of my doors but I hope I'm wrong. Get back to me if you can, thanks. Chris

PlayStation3
03-12-2007, 11:40 PM
he is refering to fiberglassing them.

PaulD
03-13-2007, 01:23 AM
you essentially build a fiberglass box on/into the door .... expensive but gets the job done, you won't need a pair in the rear doors. I know cardomain sells the qlogic kick panels. You can skip the rear 6X9's too.

Add your comment to this topic!