Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Aurora - Dead Stall in Reverse

zengel442
03-10-2007, 01:21 PM
I read on this Forum that when the engine idle speed varies at idle(Looking to find Idle speed) and when the car stalls immediately when put in Reverse - change out the Crank sensors..
Did that and no change.. Any other ideas out there?
I was thinking Idle speed controller but that doesn't explain the stall in reverse.. Thankx, Frank

maxwedge
03-10-2007, 02:12 PM
If you give it some throttle will it keep running, if so try cleaning the idle air control, passages and throttle body.

zengel442
03-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Here Goes......
After changing the two crank sensors and finding out that wasn't it, I opened the hood and just stared at the thing...
I looked for vacuum leaks, gasoline, and was bout to take the throttlebody off and noticed that one of the coil connectors was sliding out of it's home..
Ya know, those little accordian like rubber seals that "Act's like it's trying to pull the thing out"
Well, it was.. That connector must never have been snapped completely and the accordian puplled it out of it's socket..

Started the car - no problems..
This could have been a moment of triumph except I'm the one that didn't snap the darn thing together correctly.. Well, it was a small victory..
Thank you for your input Maxx.....

Add your comment to this topic!