Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how did you get your hands on your classic chevy?

Young Chuck D
03-09-2007, 11:24 PM
my dad's boss sold me mine in feb. 05....

looking for more interesting stories than that though lol

'97ventureowner
03-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Bought my '64 BelAir from a coworker back in 1992. At the time I had an engine/tranny combo ready to go and just needed a vehicle to put it in. I was looking for something pre-1968 because at the time there was talk that our state was planning to implement very strict emission laws and requirements (worse than California at the time.) Those new laws and requirements never materialized as the governor who proposed those was defeated in 1994. Well, this guy I worked with at the time said he had an old Chevy in his barn he'd be willing to sell. It had no engine or transmission, which was exactly what I was looking for. I went to look at it and the body was in great shape, although some trim pieces were missing. A previous owner had removed the rear seat and "custom built" a new one that resembles a "wrap around" style sofa. That was the first thing to go as I found a rear seat from another car to replace it. I remember towing the car home with my 1981 Monte Carlo, driving through a blinding snowstorm for about 10 miles to get it home. I made it and to this day am still in the process of slowly restoring it. In the meantime since I got the car almost 15 years ago, I met and married my wife, had 2 kids and have started a major renovation on my home. I hope to get it done within the next few years.

KustmAce
03-14-2007, 02:02 AM
Craigslist. Bought it the day after I looked at it.

Add your comment to this topic!