Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question about Screens!?

03-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Hi, ive got 2 screens in my ride and have a prob wiv them...basically both screens work fine.............................................. ..on their own! but i've hooked them both up to the same RCAs (phonos) using phono splitters running to my DVD player...... problem is the one in the front works fine when the one in the trunk is on but as soon as i turn the one in the trunk off the one in the front goes tinged a different colpour (the colours aren't right) and theres small lines running across the screen? Now im not dim so i reckon theres some kinda signal problem occuring (yes of course the phono lead is running through the car on the opposite side to the power) but i need your ICE expertise to give me some input on whether you reckon this sounds like a problem with the signal or something i've missed?!? also is this easily solved?? maybe im missing something lol :banghead: anyways if anyone (who knows what their talking about) replys to this post it would be much appreciated.

Cheers! :)

Char x

bjboertje
03-09-2007, 03:56 PM
sounds like somthing is getting into the signal cable. i know in long runs of vid cable you would need a signal amp, but that is when you start getting over like 100 feet of cable.

PaulD
03-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I am not sure if you can do that .... you may need a special box (like a splitter) that has like 1 or 2 inputs and 4 or more outputs. I really don't have that much experiene with car video stuff.

try something like this, it's pretty cheap http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=205-572&CFID=6646323&CFTOKEN=58655820

bjboertje
03-11-2007, 02:10 PM
oh, i missed that. you are using a y splitter? that does not work. what paul sugguested is exactly what you need.

Add your comment to this topic!