Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Do they make small block freezers

74NovaNick
03-08-2007, 10:06 PM
cuz my 305 is gettin pretty toasty in just 70 degree ambient down here in Florida! Dunno if you know, but in May-July, I'm looking at somewherer around 90 degrees!!! By my car getting toasty, I mean 200-210...with an electric pusher fan! I replaced the radiator cap a drained a lil bit of the fluid to where it should be. That fixed it a lil. The thermostat is good because, by applying a theory that I read on the interent (pfft), if both the lower and upper radiator hoses are warm while the cars is running, then the thermostat is doin its job...right? How else can I keep it cool. Flushing the radiator is one way I've heard of. I dunno if a tranny cooler would affect the overall temp. How else? Thanks.

note:

I flushed the radiator today and found what looked to be oil!!! Not a lot, but enough to give is that "oily" look. Also, when I was about to "close it up", I dipped a screwdriver down the radiator and it looked a lil brownish. Might have been the light, but like I said...it had the "oily, rainbow" look. Blown gasket, you think? any help would be great. Thanks.

...cool, boy! REAL Cool.

Add your comment to this topic!