Headlight Removal?????

masphx
03-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Im trying, this minute, to remove the headlights because my headlights are fogged up and people keep on saying wonderful things about wet sanding. So I bought all the supplies and started to remove the headlight only to find out that they dont remove that easy. I looked through a manual and it shows no sign of the front bumper. Does this mean that the front bumper needs to come off first to remove the headlights? I sure hope not!!!!
Could someone please hepl me out on this??
Thx
Mason

masphx
03-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Sorry,
Car is a 2000 Camaro 3.8 V-6

philly rs
03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
what year is your car ill help if its the lt1 body.. like mines

masphx
03-08-2007, 09:15 PM
what year is your car ill help if its the lt1 body.. like mines

Hey Philly......
Not sure if you remember but I was asking one time about a Viper alarm system(remote start) and you gave me the most info on it so thankyou for that(I did buy it an its great!!!!). My camaro is a 2000 model.
THx
Mason

philly rs
03-08-2007, 10:11 PM
oh yeah, im glad u like it man, best money i ever spent! how have u been man? anyhow about yoyr lights, im not sure how to get your lamps out at all i never done the ls1 type 4th gens......im sure another one of these fools do....

wufpak18
03-08-2007, 11:06 PM
i did headlight restoration at a car detail shop and we would just use masking tape around the lights to guard the paint, keeps you from having to remove the lights. this is only if their is that foggy haze on the outside, but if its on the inside then you just need new lights, but i'm pretty sure your talking about the outside, right?

masphx
03-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Update........
I found out how to remove the headlight without removing the front bumper. All I had to do is unbult the head light and push in, then push towards the center of the car. Easy!!!! if you know. Thats the problem with these cars, there is always some wired way of removing or puting a piece on the car.
Thx for all your help. I will post a picture of the difference when I'm done.
How do I post pictures???
Mason

Add your comment to this topic!