Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nissan Altima

Theturbo551
03-08-2007, 04:25 PM
What turbocharger do you recommend for a 2007 Nissan Altima? I'm looking to get around 500 HP right now.

UncleBob
03-08-2007, 11:09 PM
would help if you mentioned the motor in question....but at a guess, I'd say a turbo capable of 500hp would be the best for a 500 hp build. A t61, among many other turbo's would fit the bill. But there's a lot of details missing of course.

2.2 Straight six
03-08-2007, 11:47 PM
What turbocharger do you recommend for a 2007 Nissan Altima? I'm looking to get around 500 HP right now.

if you keep making crap threads with the bare minimum of information, like this one. with stuff like "i want 500hp.." i'm going to just delete them and ban you.

you need to give information, ranging from budget to current spec and everything in between. if you don't do that, and continue to make threads like you done here before, i will not hesitate to do something about it.

Theturbo551
03-10-2007, 11:42 AM
if you keep making crap threads with the bare minimum of information, like this one. with stuff like "i want 500hp.." i'm going to just delete them and ban you.

you need to give information, ranging from budget to current spec and everything in between. if you don't do that, and continue to make threads like you done here before, i will not hesitate to do something about it.
It's 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 V6. I have about 10-12K to spend on it.

2.2 Straight six
03-10-2007, 12:01 PM
it's not that hard is it?

people need to appreciate that we need some info to work with and work on. rarely does a member give the needed info in their first post in a thread.

anyway, sorry i was a bit moody last night, hence the angry post.

Theturbo551
03-10-2007, 04:01 PM
it's not that hard is it?

people need to appreciate that we need some info to work with and work on. rarely does a member give the needed info in their first post in a thread.

anyway, sorry i was a bit moody last night, hence the angry post.So what parts do you think I would need to get 500 HP?

2.2 Straight six
03-10-2007, 04:57 PM
i'd go with a pair of T4s, external wastegates for best repsonse. mandrel-bent manifolds (preferably equal length) hard piping 3.5-4" core intercooler.

i don't know how much space you have on either side of the engine, so that's one factor that would help with the single/twin turbo decision.

http://www.turbo-kits.com/altima_turbo_kits.html

that's a single trubo kit, but it doesn't make the 500bhp you want.

best solution: have it mostly custom-made. you'd get good manifold and all for that, a $10k buget certainly allows for top-end parts.

the only thing is, do you really want to spend that much?

i'm looking to spend $12k on a WHOLE truck. that's my budget, unless i make more. do you really want to spend that much money on this?

you're going to have to consider a big pile of internal parts too, new pistons rods, cams valvetrain parts. gearbox/drivetrain parts (diff included) cylinder head work like port/polish etc..

the list is pretty big.

Theturbo551
03-10-2007, 09:53 PM
i'd go with a pair of T4s, external wastegates for best repsonse. mandrel-bent manifolds (preferably equal length) hard piping 3.5-4" core intercooler.

i don't know how much space you have on either side of the engine, so that's one factor that would help with the single/twin turbo decision.

http://www.turbo-kits.com/altima_turbo_kits.html

that's a single trubo kit, but it doesn't make the 500bhp you want.

best solution: have it mostly custom-made. you'd get good manifold and all for that, a $10k buget certainly allows for top-end parts.

the only thing is, do you really want to spend that much?

i'm looking to spend $12k on a WHOLE truck. that's my budget, unless i make more. do you really want to spend that much money on this?

you're going to have to consider a big pile of internal parts too, new pistons rods, cams valvetrain parts. gearbox/drivetrain parts (diff included) cylinder head work like port/polish etc..

the list is pretty big.Fine than maybe $5K budget change.

2.2 Straight six
03-10-2007, 10:50 PM
hey, it's your money. if you want to spend $10k then go for it. your budget is the limiting and deciding factor. i just think that's it's a lot of money to spend on a road car. if you were building a car purely for track racing then it's a good budget.

don't forget driveablility is going out the window with 500bhp. especially in a front-wheel drive car. a 500bhp VQ35 will make a decent amount of troque (420lb/ft upwards) and hard acceleration would shake the wheel out of your hands.

best options is probably that turbo kit i posted, under $6,500. 350bhp, 386lb/ft. and it includes everything.

if you wanted to go for 500bhp after installing that kit, there wouldn't be too much to add.

UncleBob
03-11-2007, 01:11 AM
a 500hp 3.5L would be quite docile actually, street-wise. you're only talking 15psi, depending on turbo sizing and compression ratio, it would be quite a nice package IMO

2.2, I really don't undestand why you let these posts upset you. I personally would like to see a moderator that doesn't go off so easily. If its a dumb question, just ignore it. This section of the forum is inactive enough. It doesn't need help chasing people away

2.2 Straight six
03-11-2007, 10:50 AM
2.2, I really don't undestand why you let these posts upset you. I personally would like to see a moderator that doesn't go off so easily. If its a dumb question, just ignore it. This section of the forum is inactive enough. It doesn't need help chasing people away

i was in hospital the other day for an Op and the pain killers they gave me make me really moody sometimes. i just get sick of questions which offer no background information on the car in questions. we need something to work with to provide an answer, i get tired of having to prompt the thread starter to give us the info we need to help them.

drunken monkey
03-11-2007, 02:12 PM
2.2, I really don't undestand why you let these posts upset you. I personally would like to see a moderator that doesn't go off so easily.

there are also mod issues that goes on behind the scenes that aren't open to regular members; on such thing being a complete and thorough membership history and IP tracking.

let's just say that this isn't the first time this member has asked a question like this.

UncleBob
03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
the question seems rather unoffensive to me. I guess I don't understand the problem regardless to what he's posted in the past.

But I don't run the show....but I'm getting tired of seeing mod's jump on people just for being clueless. It should take more than that to invite scorn. Everyone is clueless about something. Maybe my expectations for moderators is too high.

Either way, I'm about to stop even coming to this section of the forum. There seems to be little point for it anymore, now that engineer/technical has moved out of the section.

Theturbo551
03-11-2007, 04:34 PM
So I need a T61 turbocharger single and what else to add?
-Thanks

drunken monkey
03-11-2007, 07:31 PM
the question seems rather unoffensive to me. I guess I don't understand the problem regardless to what he's posted in the past.

well, it depends on how many times you want to answer the same question to the same guy.

Theturbo551
03-12-2007, 07:14 PM
So I need the turbo's and intake, etc. But turbo's should get my power up there?

beyondloadedSE
03-14-2007, 01:35 PM
So I need the turbo's and intake, etc. But turbo's should get my power up there?

Are you really going to do this or are you just asking?

Regardless, your going to have to pay someone to do it, since you dont have the first clue when it comes to FI. :screwy:

I suggest picking up a book or doing some research online as to whats entitled to make a turbo kit work.

2.2 Straight six
03-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Buy Corky Bell's book, read it cover-to-cover at least twice. then come back and ask for advice.

when you have zero knowledge or experience in this field, you can't do it yourself, and you'll probably have your pants pulled down over the price.

Theturbo551
03-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Buy Corky Bell's book, read it cover-to-cover at least twice. then come back and ask for advice.

when you have zero knowledge or experience in this field, you can't do it yourself, and you'll probably have your pants pulled down over the price.Ok so I'd need to install the turbo. BTW where can I get that book? Is it a free ebook?

2.2 Straight six
03-14-2007, 09:27 PM
no, it's paperback. go to a bookstore or amazon. you need to learn some initiative.

if you know nothing about installing/tuning/working with forced induction stuff, then installing it isn't really much of an option.

i just feel if you went to a place that worked in turbos, they could easily rip you off. you'd ask for 500bhp and they'd give you 350bhp and a "corrected" dyno sheet. you'd never know the difference.

Theturbo551
03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
no, it's paperback. go to a bookstore or amazon. you need to learn some initiative.

if you know nothing about installing/tuning/working with forced induction stuff, then installing it isn't really much of an option.

i just feel if you went to a place that worked in turbos, they could easily rip you off. you'd ask for 500bhp and they'd give you 350bhp and a "corrected" dyno sheet. you'd never know the difference.Oh, I see not only will it save me money but also decreace the risk that some places will cheat you off.

2.2 Straight six
03-16-2007, 09:34 AM
when it comes to turbos as opposed to something like headers or cams, there's a wide range in power that can be unleashed.

a cam can only give a power increase within small boundries, and that applies for many mods. but turbos allow small increased all the way up to >12x(original power) increases, and sometimes beyond.

for example, the 80s F1 cars, 1.5-litre engines making 1,470bhp at the wheels.

reading the book (at least twice) will give you a good understanding in what you need, what to look for and what to expect. start by reading turbos 101 in the stickies. it'll give you quite a lot of info that's completely essential.

it's all too easy for places to rip someone off who knows little about what's being done. Dyno sheets don't always give you the truth, dyno correction can make it look like the car's making more power than it really is.

Theturbo551
03-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks! It's a good way to get to know turbo's more and how to save money and not get cheated.

2.2 Straight six
03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
it'll give you clearer ideas on how much to spend, what aim/goals you want and what needs to be done to achieve them.

it covers everything, even installation of kits.

drunken monkey
03-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks! It's a good way to get to know turbo's more and how to save money and not get cheated.

wow, it never occured to me that reading about a subject would help me learn about it.
:rolleyes:

and on that note, i'm going to close this because it's not really getting anywhere and I can sense lots of hair on the floor already.

Add your comment to this topic!