95 Park Ave No a/c on passenger side, no heat on driver side

macdaddymike05
03-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Basically what the title says. i found some sort of actuator on ebay supposidly for the park avenue, but i asked them a question about it and they said they have no mechanics or technitians...Anyhow, i had purchased the SAME exact actuator for my 89 C1500 when my air conditioning was stuck blowing on the feet, even tho everyone told me it was a vacuum leak. I dont know...you would think that if an 1989 chevy truck would have an actuator, that a 1995 luxury vehicle would also have one. Well if someone has had the same problem, can you please let me know how to fix it...its soo cold in the mortning without heat haha. thanks in advance.

-Mike Aiello(pronounced I-L-O if you're wondering)

macdaddymike05
03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
maaaaan 21 views no reply's! lol someone has had to have had this problem before, because my friend owns the same buick and he has the same exact problem. please help me guys.

-Mike

82Stang
03-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Sounds like a vent door issue to me. The HVAC unit has doors on it attatched to a motor that opens and closes allowing heat/cold to move. Check that the linkage isn't broken and the door stuck.

Hope this helps.

macdaddymike05
03-14-2007, 10:33 PM
thanks a lot 82 stang. i actually just fixed the a/c, it works on both sides now. the actuator was just stuck for some reason. the only problem now is that my heater doesn't really get that hot anymore. its probably putting out like 75 degrees even though its set to 90 degrees. i have no idea what could cause this...any suggestions?

82Stang
03-15-2007, 09:32 AM
If I had the same sort of problem with our 99 PA, then I'd check some things. It can be a stuck thermostat, but first check to make sure your coolant level is up and there are no leaks in the system. Possible it could be an issue with the control head? I'd try easy things first like the thermostat.

Good luck.

macdaddymike05
03-21-2007, 10:27 PM
if this helps any. i just chANGED the radiator. you sayin that the thermostat is stuck open. cause there is no way it could be closed. when the car warms up it runs at about 200 degrees. so i dont know if its coincidence that the heat stopped after changing the radiator. thanks again 82stang.

HotZ28
03-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Click Here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=4676283#post4676283) to view a similar discussion over in the LeSabre forum.

82Stang
03-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Mac, that link from HotZ might give you another possible lead.

Nice post Hotz, one of those hard to find problems that really annoy the heck out of you and may be little known. Very informative.

Good luck Mac

Add your comment to this topic!