Help with clear corners and front grill?

Topdog1
03-07-2007, 08:06 PM
i bought some clear bumper lenses to replace the old ugly orange ones and i cant figure out how to get them out of the bumper.. i got the bolts undone.. but i cant get the orange cover out.. its stuck in there do i have to take the bumper off?? and second im getting a new front grille, do i have to remove the bumper to get he old plastic one out?? please help!!:banghead: its a 1998 rs

SG007
03-07-2007, 09:05 PM
4th gen ones should just slide out. you have to finagle(sp?) it a bit though.

ikeyballz
03-08-2007, 02:42 AM
to do my corners, i had to get behind it to push the thing out.. try move away the mud guard and then push it out. (luckily my mud guard was already ripped off..) or unluckily? idk. :P

poormillionaire2
03-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Did you get the 3 mounting bolts that hold it in the tray? If you did, and its still stuck, try to push it back from the front of the car, then push straight up.

philly rs
03-08-2007, 09:04 AM
im about to say...they dont just slid out..unless sum yahoo b4 u didnt mount them back in when he changed the bulbs. they are held in with bolts or screws... to be exact. and yeah u have to take the splash guard off to get your hands on them...real fun! its worse if u have a rs damn ground effects makes it more fun! so jack the car up get under her, take off all the plastic crap from the bottom and u will see the lights and where u need to screw driver them off from.... oh and b4 u put everything back 2gether..make sure they work...i made the mistake and assumed they did and put the splash gaurd back on and all and one was all jacked up! had to do it all over again lol..... but the rear ones are easy as hell unscrew and bam!

Add your comment to this topic!