Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Any problems with Renaissance Trans kits?!?!?

Enzoenvy1
03-07-2007, 02:00 PM
I got my 2002 Gt Le Man 360 kit the other day and was so happy to finally have one. When I opened it up though, there was a tear in the bag and some things drew my attention.

There were some what looked to be air jacks that were in there. There were only 2, or maybe that was right?

There was 1 what looked to be rivet or bolt that was the size of about .5 mm wide by 1 mm tall. But there was only 1 so I was confused.

Then, there were 3 tires that we all the same size and one that was considerably larger?! This really confused me.

I know what the parts ay, and there was nothing about the first things I mentioned. But the tire thing seems wrong.

Anyone ever had this happen with Renaissance, and were they helpful?

I am awaiting their email response.

Thanks.

klutz_100
03-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I have made 3 purchases from Renaissance.

TBH there small "issues" with each one (missing part, bad cast and a lost shipment that was NOT their fault) but they were excellent and immediate in resolving them.

From what you were saying it sounds as if the shipment was damaged in transit. 3 wheels with one being a different size sounds to me like the other "different" one is lost somewhere...

Enzoenvy1
03-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Well, I don't think it was the supplier because the bag that holds the parts internally was riped. The main bag that holds all of the kit was fine.

Even the shell that holds the resin body was jacked up and crushed in on one part. The tape that hold that together had parts falling off of it.

The tire thing is completely odd. I almost thought, "hey, they must have the right or left rear tire larger like Nascar." Then I realized that is not possible. Would have looked hideous anyway.

Did they just send you the missing parts?

klutz_100
03-07-2007, 07:04 PM
I see now that I misread your earlier post about the wheels :)

Yes. They reacted very well to my emails and sent replacement parts straight away.

Enzoenvy1
03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
I actually got a response within 30 minutes!!!!

I can't even get that service here in the States. They said they will send asap the new parts!! This is very promising as of yet!

Enzoenvy1
04-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Normally I wouldn't bring this up again, but I have to comment on this whole situation.

When I first got the kit I was so ticked off, but patience and politeness can be of virtue.

Kevin at Strada Sport was awesome in helping me also. He sent me a copy of the directions for decal placement and that was a life saver! Strada Sports is a company that I recommend to anyone in the us! I have ordered from him before, but this reinforces his business for me. We exchanged about 20 emails and he was always willing to help.

Etienne at Renaissance was the best ever! After my initial emails, he mailed me a new tire and missing parts asap! He paid shipping and never even questioned me or if I had the parts. When I realized I didn't even have the directions I sent him pics of what I had. Yesterday I received the whole directions set, and................. A BRAND NEW RESIN LE MAN BODY?!?!?! That blew my mind! I can only assume that it was a gesture of kindness as I never stated that I was missing the body. I didn't even order the kit directly from Renaissance! Regardless, I am so impressed with there customer service that I wanted you all to know.

Strada Sports and Renaissance are top notch companies, and I am glad that the hobby has companies such as theirs!

Jon

Spike2933
04-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I just checked my renaissance kit and noticed a piece was missing from the engine, and its a turbo to boot. so its obviously a key piece to the engine

also I've had to do some work on the rear bonnet because it was way off of the main resin body hopefully the doors will go on easily.

I've now just given a e-mail to renaissance and hope to get a response

freakmech
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Some people like to rag on Ren and i think its very unfair. He produces alot of unique kits in a short period and has some of the best customer service ever. For a cottage?resin company i have no complaints with him at all. Even considering the language barrier, he is top notch. He gives you what any good builder needs to make a good replica. Sometimes its not 100% but in the end he is there for you.

Kevin at Strada is the best dealer anywhere. He is the only guy i order from outside of my LHS. I havent ordered over seas in 2 years since my first order with Kevin. He is top notch. If he doesnt have something in stock he will order it and keep you up to date on when it will arrive. Honestly, ive dealt with a few guys but Kevin is a work horse for resin in the US. All others have failed me in one way or another.

Glad you had a good experience with both!

Chad

Spike2933
04-03-2007, 09:38 PM
i think Renaissance models are terrific. the Photo-etch detailing they have is amazing.

I built a Provence Moulage and a renaissance model and the Renaissance etching just blew Provence out of the water.

Enzoenvy1
04-04-2007, 01:11 AM
I agree about Kevin. i will definitely order from him again.

I am just stoked that I now have 2 Le Man 360's!

Spike2933
04-04-2007, 06:17 AM
you guys were right, I got an e-mail from him and they will send me the missing parts

kingkai
04-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Normally I wouldn't bring this up again, but I have to comment on this whole situation.

When I first got the kit I was so ticked off, but patience and politeness can be of virtue.

Kevin at Strada Sport was awesome in helping me also. He sent me a copy of the directions for decal placement and that was a life saver! Strada Sports is a company that I recommend to anyone in the us! I have ordered from him before, but this reinforces his business for me. We exchanged about 20 emails and he was always willing to help.

Etienne at Renaissance was the best ever! After my initial emails, he mailed me a new tire and missing parts asap! He paid shipping and never even questioned me or if I had the parts. When I realized I didn't even have the directions I sent him pics of what I had. Yesterday I received the whole directions set, and................. A BRAND NEW RESIN LE MAN BODY?!?!?! That blew my mind! I can only assume that it was a gesture of kindness as I never stated that I was missing the body. I didn't even order the kit directly from Renaissance! Regardless, I am so impressed with there customer service that I wanted you all to know.

Strada Sports and Renaissance are top notch companies, and I am glad that the hobby has companies such as theirs!

Jon

You said it all. Especially the last sentences :grinyes:

ariel
04-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Just wanted to add to Ren. Excellent customer service. I purchased a 1/43 bentley speed 8 w/openning doors the doors cane damaged. Sent them an e-mail and before I knew it was at my front door. a package shipped free of cost with the good doors in it. Got to love that. You have to thank Ren for bringing out subject that most don't touch,Transkits,1/43 line, Rally cars.
just my 2cents:

Ariel

lumpulus
04-13-2007, 11:50 AM
All the Renaissance stuff I have gotten has been perfect...I HIGHLY recommend the Toyota TS020 1998 version transkit...if you can find it. ;)

stryfe101
04-13-2007, 12:12 PM
I've only ordered 2 items from renaissance, a 911 gt3 race trans kit and a set of jongbloed wheels. The trans kit was perfect, but the wheels aren't in the best of shape, one was actually egg shaped. I bought these thru media mix(before I knew of strada sports) and I emailed them, they got me in touch with renaissance and i sent them some pics of what was wrong...I didn't hear anything back though, then a few weeks later a full set of new wheels was at my door. I will add to the positive comments on renaissance and once I get some money together to order some more detail stuff, strada sports is my first stop.

Spike2933
04-13-2007, 12:26 PM
so far I'm still waiting on my parts. I asked Etienne about my problem and he said he would take care of it.

I emailed them yesterday to just check if they have shipped them yet and I got a response by a different guy, and now its back to square one

Enzoenvy1
04-13-2007, 01:59 PM
so far I'm still waiting on my parts. I asked Etienne about my problem and he said he would take care of it.

I emailed them yesterday to just check if they have shipped them yet and I got a response by a different guy, and now its back to square one

Don't worry as of yet. Seems that you have been on this for over a week? The first parts he sent made it here in like a week. The second set took about two. Needless to say, i have them all now. He seems like the type to fix a problem. Have faith young Skywalker!! :popcorn:

Spike2933
04-13-2007, 04:04 PM
I'll give it another 2 weeks or so.

I just like to hopefully get a reply so I know to expect it in the mail.

like I ordered the PE blades from China but I don't have a tracker number on it, so now I have no clue when it will arrive, but I'm confident it will show up in a week or 2

Veyron
04-13-2007, 04:13 PM
My 360 nGT body is warped....the front end points downward and the wheels are horribly made.

Enzoenvy1
04-13-2007, 04:30 PM
My 360 nGT body is warped....the front end points downward and the wheels are horribly made.

Contact him, I'll bet he fixes it!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!