Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anti-lock brake light

goon13642
03-07-2007, 10:01 AM
I had been having problems with the anti-lock brakes and traction control and such. I just replaced the wheel front wheeel bearings in my 01 Alero. I then replaced the Anti-lock brake computer. Then I replaced almost the whole wiring harness that goes from the main computer to the abs sensor. This fixzed the problem. Today is a week from having this car fixed and the Anti- lock brake light came on. That is the only light that is on. The trac light is not on or the service vehicle soon light is not on. Can anyone think of a reason for this? Does anyone have any remedies? Thanks!

BNaylor
03-09-2007, 11:00 AM
When the ABS/anti-lock light illuminates it means a malfunction has been detected and a DTC code stored. Although ABS will be disabled, conventional braking should still be OK. We have probably mentioned this before but you should get it scanned with an ABS capable scanner capable of reading out GM Mark VI ABS codes. You may have a problem at the modulator/motor pack or EBTCM. The main ABS computer is called a EBTCM module which is located under the dash. It is not the abs modulator/motor pack you are referring to where the wheel sensor wiring connects to.

Add your comment to this topic!