Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what happens when?

xps
03-07-2007, 07:23 AM
I was wondering what would happen when an engine ceases?
Does it smoke or steam?
I was driving my car yesterday and the engine SHUT off!
When I brought the vehicle to a stop all the coolant leaked out and on the ground.
I had a squeaky sound in the belt and that day it turned into a grinding sound really odd. I thought I had no oil maybe so I went to the gas station and the oil level was good.

DDubuque
04-13-2007, 10:36 PM
sounds like your waterpump,it probably was ceasing up and thats were you were getting that noise from and then it let go.

Johnny Mullet
04-17-2007, 08:55 PM
And if the timing belt let go, the engine is wasted. Interference engine!

aleekat
04-18-2007, 08:22 AM
I was wondering what would happen when an engine ceases?
Does it smoke or steam?
I was driving my car yesterday and the engine SHUT off!
When I brought the vehicle to a stop all the coolant leaked out and on the ground.
I had a squeaky sound in the belt and that day it turned into a grinding sound really odd. I thought I had no oil maybe so I went to the gas station and the oil level was good.

Sounds like your water pump seized. What did your temp gauge show? If it overheated, may be expensive.

JHynes
04-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Definately sounds like a water pump and its timing belt driven hopefully the belt didnt break or seize up, because the motor will be junk.

Cyberr
09-05-2007, 02:55 PM
I don’t know about the engine stopping because of hot water – no security functions like that as I have heard.

BUT it’s really important to change the camshaft strap (perhaps what you called timing belt, sounds more logic name). Will this torn then the engine will stop, the valves will stop and cylinders will go up and hurt the valves. And this will be an expensive cost to repair.

Add your comment to this topic!