Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tool review, a life saver!!!

freakmech
03-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I saw this at Wallyworld today and had to buy it. I was pestimistic at first but it was $5 so what the hell. This thing is awesome! You know those annoying hard to reach injector pin marks on the floor of interior pans??? the ones that are hard to reach in the corners and the old dremel just scars up the floor? Well here it is the solution to our problem. Go buy it now! Here you can see i removed a huge resin injection pin that i didnt want to use the Dremel on in fear of messing up the body. Noww it is perfectly flat and it took about 30 seconds of work. Im in love!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/freakmech/DSC03948.jpg

Chad does not work for 3M nor does he make any money endorsing there products:icon16:

glacier985
03-02-2007, 11:42 PM
I've seen these before, might have to go pick one up to sand those hard to reach areas. Thanks for the tip.

Murray Kish
03-03-2007, 12:43 AM
I've used one of these quite a bit, and will offer a couple of comments:

1. Yes, they do work great.
2. However, they will leave teeny-tiny glass chards all over your work area, so be careful. Don't want to get that stuff in your eye or nothing. Whenever I use mine, I tend to get it on my arms or hands and I itch like crazy.

But yes, they are very handy...

Murray

freakmech
03-03-2007, 01:06 AM
I've used one of these quite a bit, and will offer a couple of comments:

1. Yes, they do work great.
2. However, they will leave teeny-tiny glass chards all over your work area, so be careful. Don't want to get that stuff in your eye or nothing. Whenever I use mine, I tend to get it on my arms or hands and I itch like crazy.

But yes, they are very handy...

Murray

LOL, yes, ive now been trying on different stuff and im realizing now its like playing with fiberglass insulation, but all the same... im very impressed. Thanks for the input!

AllAlone.Gz
03-03-2007, 03:25 AM
I use these at work. We call them Fiber Brushes. Made of glass needles.Yea once they come in contact with your fingers they get in like a splinter, and theyre almost impossible to see, unless you have a really bright light and a microscope. Not only that, but theyre annoying when you cant get them out. Youll feel em once in awhile, and itll bug you for hours. Good tool, just be carefull using it. I use it with latex gloves and I use it outside away from the indoors.

KorkyOtt
03-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Sounds like a great tool. Thanks for the precaution list. I have ordered my environmental suite with self contained air supply.
Cheers

SteveK2003
03-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Yup, Parma used to sell them for cleaning the commutators on R/C car motors. Worked well, but the splinters are REALLY annoying, so I stopped using them after a while.

chato de shamrock
03-04-2007, 01:23 AM
Wallyworld? Isn't that where the Griswalds went for their vacation?:tongue:

All kidding aside, I gatta look into this new wonder pen. Sounds like a nice addition to the tools set. Thanks for sharing.

Add your comment to this topic!