93 parkave driving by itself

c62t62
03-02-2007, 06:13 PM
today I notice that my 93 park ave was idling very high. If I take my foot off the break from a dead stop, the car will start to accelerate, got up to about 20mph before I put my foot on the break......when I am at a complete stop with my foot on the brake it feels like I have my foot on the break and gas at the same time???????????

HotZ28
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
First, check for vacuum leaks, then check the TPS (throttle position sensor) for proper operation. Do a Search Forums (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/search.php) for "TPS" (Buick PA or LaSabre) if you need instructions.

Bassasasin
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Does this happen when cold or all the time?

HotZ28 gave me a thought.

:2cents: If you would like you can RELEARN the computer..
Just take off the battery cable for 10 seconds..

If that doesn't help, it' not unusual but it could be mechanical, vacuum leak, dirt in trottle valve area holding it a bit open, etc..
If it does help for a short period of time, it points to sensors and PCM..

A reading of the codes history may reveal something also.

Good Luck

c62t62
03-06-2007, 10:59 AM
seems to be intermitent

Bassasasin
03-06-2007, 02:27 PM
This may not help but on a cold start, my park runs up to about 1500rpm and as it runs, oil pressure creeps up and the idle slowly dies down back to about 1100. I drive off about then and about a mile later it's finally hot and all is normal. This process of getting to about 1100 rpm takes about 5 seconds.

With that in mind, during your problem, you may be in a permanent open loop operation. Perhaps the PCM has gotten confused, or a wire is bad.

If you system is stock and there are no vacuum leaks, it may be a MAF, IAT, ECT, sensor. I know you can pull off connectors on some of sensors and troubleshoot some. Disconnecting will throw a code and it would later have to be cleared.

Good Luck

Add your comment to this topic!