Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

alternate side parking ticket -No Vin number!

RightWingZionist
03-02-2007, 08:31 AM
My luck, i barely get up need to move car 8:30AM and I see the bastard pull off :banghead: ticket says 8:39 am but no vin number and says "N/S-Rain" under expiration date.
Just has my make (no model), color and plate number.
Can I fight it?

Really appreciate any help.

This happened in Brooklyn, NY.

fredjacksonsan
03-02-2007, 08:35 AM
With the plate number they've probably got you - unless the plate is reported stolen.* :evillol:

How much IS a parking ticket in Brooklyn anyway?

*Of course I'm not suggesting you break the law like that

You can always fight a ticket, and the only way the vin number wouldn't match up is if the plate was on another car. Even with the "stolen plate" ruse, it's likely you'd have to pay, since 1) It's unlikely that someone with the exact same make and model would have taken the plate and 2) If you do it now, the stolen plate report will be given after the parking ticket was issued.

Is there an address on the ticket?

RightWingZionist
03-02-2007, 08:47 AM
$45 bux. Address says opposite 1849 etc..
And it's not stolen :)
Why should that lazy f not get out in the rain and write the vin number?

fredjacksonsan
03-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Waaah! I'll get wet so have to stay in here. That's why.

Parking tickets suck, if they leave out some critical information you can get out of them, but it seems they've got enough on this one.

You'd think he could cut you some slack for 9 minutes. Bastard.

Igovert500
03-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Um, doubtful. They have your make and model and it can be identified as your car. If the ticket said '05 red Ford pickup, and you had a 88 blue Toyota...then yes that's a error/omission you can argue. I've had parking tickets in the same spot by the same cop, where at one time he called my old car green, the next it was blue, the third time it was green again. It didn't matter, I got stuck paying them all.

I personally feel it's easier to get out of a speeding ticket than a parking ticket. But that's just me. I think over the last 6 or so years I've racked up something like 12 parking tickets, and only gotten out of 1 or 2.

Add your comment to this topic!