Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electrical/ 97 P71

gskellogg
02-26-2007, 08:21 PM
:banghead:Ok, here's the deal. I have a 1997 used police interceptor. The only problem I have is the following. About twice a month randomly, when I go to start the car it wont. I go to turn the key and the dashboard lights up, everything looks ok, and then when i turn the key all the way it just clicks and the every light in the vehicle turns off. When I go to turn the key again, nothing, no lights at all. If I play with the key turning it back and forth i can get the lights to come back on, but once again when i turn the key to the start position everything turns off again. Once I hook jumper cables up, and let it sit for 3 mins or so it will fire up. What do you think the problem is?

reekor
02-26-2007, 08:47 PM
loose and/or dirty connection at the battery.

:banghead:Ok, here's the deal. I have a 1997 used police interceptor. The only problem I have is the following. About twice a month randomly, when I go to start the car it wont. I go to turn the key and the dashboard lights up, everything looks ok, and then when i turn the key all the way it just clicks and the every light in the vehicle turns off. When I go to turn the key again, nothing, no lights at all. If I play with the key turning it back and forth i can get the lights to come back on, but once again when i turn the key to the start position everything turns off again. Once I hook jumper cables up, and let it sit for 3 mins or so it will fire up. What do you think the problem is?

newman12fan
02-26-2007, 10:26 PM
My grandmother's car did the same thing last year and it was a bad battery. I changed the battery and haven't had the problem since.

Add your comment to this topic!