Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

90 blazer 4.3 picup coil removal

harleypanrider
02-26-2007, 08:01 PM
hey all blazer doesnt have any spark coil tests good so im suspecting picup coil ? unless somebody has another idea anyway can these be removed without taking distributor out i cant see what holds it in thanks in advance

BlazerLT
02-26-2007, 09:54 PM
More info needed.

What is happening with the engine?

harleypanrider
02-26-2007, 10:15 PM
thanks for reply ok blazer was running fine it sat for a cxouple days and now wont start cranks over fine i pulled a plug wire and no spark i tested coil with a owms meter and it tested good so i pulled cap and looked at it and roter they seemed fine so im suspecting pickup coil being there is no spark like i said unless it could be somthin else

MT-2500
02-27-2007, 01:17 PM
The dist has to be removed and taken apart to replace pickup coil.
Does the pickup coil show a ohm meter reading?
The dist ign module or coil is one of the first things to go on them.
Does the dist turn when engine is cranked?
Always check more than one plug wire for good hot blue fire.
Can you get spark out of the coil?
Is coil getting 12 volts to positive side?

harleypanrider
02-27-2007, 07:15 PM
thanks for reply yes i made sure roter was turning and had no spark coming out of coil either i tested coil with ohms meter anyhoo i found a old reply to dana girls post about removing distributer last night under s/10 stuff so i took it apart today and put new picup coil in it sorry i should have let u know i found it last night but i was beat anyhow it popped right off when i got it togeather but yea i did test picup coil before i took it off and it read 0 on meter i understand they should have some resistance

Add your comment to this topic!