2001 Silverado Blown Speaker

Yankee00
02-26-2007, 11:45 AM
I have blown one of the speakers in my front passenger door. I do not own a manual for this truck, but I examined the door yesterday and could not tell exactly how to get the inside panel off. Anyone have any experience replacing speakers in theri '01? Do I have to take the inner door panel off?

rjeffery
02-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Yes you have to take the door pannel off. It's pretty easy though, there are 3 screws, 1 under the armrest, and two at the bottom of the door, pop out the plastic thing around the door lock, remove the window crank, if you have one, and remove the triangular plastic piece opposite the outside mirror (pull on it to pop it off). Then lift the door pannel up and pull it away. I think that is everything you have to remove, but take a look in case there is anything that I missed.

masapell
02-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Rjeffrey has it right on the money. I would like to add that if you have electric windows and doorlocks, you will have to pop up the module that holds those buttons (just pry it up with something that is not sharp, as it pops out easily). Then disconnect the wires to the button module. You will also have to disconnect the tweeter wire (if equipped) and pop the bulb socket out of the courtesy light on the bottom corner of the door. The only slight problem that I had was pulling the wiring harnesses out of their sockets for the doorlock/window module. After doing one, you will see that it is much easier than the old doors of years past.

Sincerely,
Matt

Add your comment to this topic!