Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 Chevy monte carlo z34......J

threejay
02-25-2007, 07:12 AM
i have a problem ive seen on a previous thread that someone was having a problem with the turn signal an there break light well im having the same problem when i turn on my lights an press on the brake only the right back passenger side lights up now when i turn on my left signal, then turn it off both sides light up but when i turn on the left side while pressing down on the brakes the right side goes out an vis versa now can some one tell me is it the turn signal lever or the turn signal switch that i have to replace or just do both an if either or where can i get the items at a nice price i saw someone said they got the lever for 68.00 if so where

dwalmop
02-25-2007, 06:35 PM
It's most likely the switch. Punctuation, please. Lol.

blazes9395
03-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Just like dwalmop said, your problem lies in the multifunction switch/module. They are very common and notorious for wearing out onthese cars. Just replace it and you should be good to go.

ChevroletTough
03-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Just like dwalmop said, your problem lies in the multifunction switch/module. They are very common and notorious for wearing out onthese cars. Just replace it and you should be good to go.

easier said than done, if it has air bags, don't do it yourself. you dont' want that exploding in your face. Plus the part is like $100.

pretty much a HUGE pain.

blazes9395
03-06-2007, 10:14 PM
easier said than done, if it has air bags, don't do it yourself. you dont' want that exploding in your face. Plus the part is like $100.

pretty much a HUGE pain.

Air bags are not dangerous if you follow the procedures how to properly disable them. If you are not comfortable, of course, take it to someone who is competent to work on it. Yeah part is expensive, but what can you do, if you want it fixed, it has to be done:dunno:

Add your comment to this topic!