Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

my new rx broke today help me88 rx-7 with 61,000 original

gotgrip61482
02-24-2007, 06:47 PM
:banghead: well it was working finwe for About an hour brought it up to 6 grand with no prob then after that it stafrted sputtering after 4500 real bad, so i brought it hom parked it, went out an our later and started it and the coolant light went on, so i added some antifreez and it filled up very quikly, so i opednd up the resivoir by the thermostat and poured it in there and basicly the whole bottle went in, so then i drove around and it still did the sputter after 4500, then all of a sudden it started bucking really bad then final shut off, i loked under the car and it was leaking antifreez real bad, aalso whrn i bought the car the battery was completely dead and hasnt been chargi\ning wll while the car runs so please guys giv me ur advice thanks very much andre

drftk1d
02-25-2007, 12:44 PM
has it been eating coolant for a while?
if the coolant seals fried it was only a matter of time before the motor stopped working.

i hope you know that it's bad for a rotary engine to sit for too long because the seals go bad after a while

if the battery doesnt charge while the car runs, alternator went to shit.

gotgrip61482
02-25-2007, 08:51 PM
well i have some fairly good news, i dont think its the coolant, i think its the fuel pump and filter are bad for sitting for a year, i think i just m ight of split some coolant while i was pouring it in

Add your comment to this topic!