Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how to install a stereo and amp

levdavisel
02-24-2007, 07:11 AM
My stereo was stolen from my car. the mirical was that the theif did not mess up any of the wires that was hooked up to the old unit. So I went out and bought another one thinking i could just plug it in where the old one was(I had never bought a radio or installed on either). I have since learned how to install a basic head unit, but still need help with installing my amp.My propblem the new sony unit I bought dosen't have a place to plug in any RCA jacks. So I went out and got a high/low inpedance adaptor going by what stores told me I Needed. But I still can't get my amp to work. How do I hook up my amp given the current problem? Is this Impedance adaptor what I need? I really liked that thread on "The correct way to hook up a car stero." this is the kind of help I'm looking for. Your help is really needed.

pimprolla112
02-24-2007, 05:10 PM
No you need a line out converter. This will enable you to take the factory speaker wires and convert them over to an RCA output. I cant believe they dont have a set of outputs. even the $50 one from wally world has them.

An LOC cost about $20.

Sorry to hear about your stuff, these people need to learn to work for what they get not be lazy and steal it. Its pisses me off i cant even leave more doors unlocked anymore.

Add your comment to this topic!