After market tow hitch for 2006 model - help!

lisatribute
02-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know the fix for the after market tow hitch on the V6 model? I need the relay for the fuse box but have no idea where to find it. Right now there is no electricity to the rear lights. Anyone run across this? Any help is appreciated!

AlohaBra
02-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Did you blow the fuse?

Fuse box info is in the owner's manual.

You can also try the Escape forum....

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=175

or do a web search....there are a lot of Ford and Escape forums...

EDIT: If it is the aftermarket like U-Haul...go back there and ask them to fix it.

I am just use to dealing with the Jeep folks who like to fix it themselves. Jeep peeps have to be techs or mechanics just to keep running.

AlohaBra
02-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Hey, I just saw this in our Escape section:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=494831

the last post....

Best regards, AB

lisatribute
02-26-2007, 09:10 AM
U-Haul said they can't do anything. We need the relay from Mazda but when we went to Mazda they said they would have to completely rewire and it would be over $1000 for parts and labor. The funny thing is, wire leading to the hitch is hot - it just doesn't have power for a small area from the engine to right under the seating area. We just need the relay but don't know where to buy it. Any suggestions?

AlohaBra
02-28-2007, 10:34 PM
U got a good Ford or Independent dealer quality shop in the neighborhood??

You can tell by the kind of equipement they have. Like electronic diagnostic equipment and alignment equipment.

Good thing I was an auto mechanic with an engineering background..that is why I just do it myself.

EDIT:

Try Kragen's, Auto Zone or Pep Boys...
If it was me...I'd use a kit for trailers.....or a fog light relay kit.....
BTW...dealers are for selling cars not for repair or good mechanical work....they are locked in to the warranty process.
Once again....the Tribute is a Ford Escape and the real Mazdas are Japanese. So a Mazda dealer is not a good place to go for advice on a Ford...got my drift???

Add your comment to this topic!