Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

do you know how to pull a front axel hub from an integra?

mansvoice
02-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I just replaced all of the tires on my Integra (1994). My biggest mistake was buying them from Sears.
In any event the installation guy cross-threaded the lug to the stud...oh yeah, he didn't tell me! I found out when I was travelling down the road and heard a tic-tick -tick...like you might hear when you pick up a nail. after checking the tire and finding no nail. I started to remove the wheel and found that 3 of the nuts came off easily and one was binding to the point I think it's about to break off (I believe that is the source of my ticking).
In any event, I know it's on this forum somewhere, but I can't find it...Do you know how to "step by step" me through the removal process of pulling my hub so I can replace the lug stud??
Thank for your help on this one... really!

n0superman
03-05-2007, 12:36 PM
I have a factory service manual for my 91 teg, if you give me your email ill look for that section and see if i can email you a couple pages from it.
Meanwhile, here's my experience with lug nuts:
Ive replaced lug nuts on a 2000 toyota corolla (front) and a newer saturn (rear) and neither required removal of the hubs. I just had my integra apart and I cant remember but I think I noted that replacing the studs would be difficult. To actually pull the hub out you need special tools made for replacing bearings, and a vise. If you have to do this it is extremely difficult. If you can turn the hub to a point where you can bang the stud out the back it is very simple.

n0superman
03-05-2007, 12:45 PM
by the way, did you try getting sears to replace the lug nuts? I hate fighting with mechanics which is why I do everything myself now, but it might be worth a try. There is no excuse for cross threading 3 studs like that. They are supposed to thread them most of the way by hand before using the torque wrench. Yet somehow it happens all of the time.

iVteC_PoWeR
03-17-2007, 06:23 PM
from what i remember its just a couple of bolts and its off...just look around the hub and its easy to figure out

Add your comment to this topic!