Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 mirage gauges won't work?

craigsgirly47
02-22-2007, 06:27 PM
I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage and out of the blue one day all the gauges just quit, all at the same time. A little later they started up again. Next day, they go off. They seem to go off only after I've driving for a while then when I start the car up again they are off. most recently I've figured that when the car is warm (I've already driven it once that day or the sun has been shining in it, heating up the car) that's when they won't work. When it's cold outside and the sun isn't out, then they work. what could be probelm and how do I fix it since winter is almost over?

Litto
06-05-2007, 04:04 PM
I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage and out of the blue one day all the gauges just quit, all at the same time. A little later they started up again. Next day, they go off. They seem to go off only after I've driving for a while then when I start the car up again they are off. most recently I've figured that when the car is warm (I've already driven it once that day or the sun has been shining in it, heating up the car) that's when they won't work. When it's cold outside and the sun isn't out, then they work. what could be probelm and how do I fix it since winter is almost over?
how did you fix it? How much did it cost you? What was the problem?
what cause it? Litto:frown:

Mitsitech001
06-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi there,
looks that your problem must be in the wiring connections that have got poor contacts. May be you can remove the instrument cluster, remove the connectors and check for oxidation, clean and spray some contact cleaner in the connectors. This should do the job if not the only thing left is to pay a visit to an electrician.
Cheers.

Add your comment to this topic!