Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Thinking about a 3.

harrymay
02-22-2007, 04:35 PM
I need to replace my rapidly deteriorating Celica ASAP. I have spent some time looking and the 3's are catching my eye again.

A few q's though. I am looking at buying used, preferably the Hatchback with the 2.3l. Since it will be used and I am limited to a payment, I am looking at the 2004-2005 models. Most of them already have around 30-50k miles on them.

I know they drive amazingly for a wagon under $20k, but from a reliability stand, are they worth it?

What are some of the biggest issues these have had so far?

aussieidiot
02-27-2007, 02:29 AM
well i've had mine (its really the wifes) since new in march 2004.

we've replaced the tyres. got it serviced fully and just had the 40,000k service.

the only problems we've had is the battery has deteriorated. we should replace it but i have bought a battery fighter which keeps the battery at full charge every day

the cruise control had a glitch but has sorted itself.

no probs other than that.

they do seem to go through rear tyres if the wheel alignment is out. and brake dust is an issue.

at the age your looking at, the tyres should have been replaced. make sure the replacements are decent quality. the OEM's aren't cheap and some people may not want to replace with decent quality.

anything you look at should have full service history. if not they probably couldn't afford it. may not be a problem but should be a negotiating point.

showstopperz
03-06-2007, 09:41 PM
I sell certified used and brand new mazdas and the 3 is one of consumer reperts best buy. If you get a used one you should have no problem out of it if you buy from a good dealer. My advise is you should buy a certified used one from a mazda dealer you get an extended warranty with it at no extra cost. I have a couple on my lot if you are interested.

CyMax
04-04-2008, 10:53 PM
I sell certified used and brand new mazdas and the 3 is one of consumer reperts best buy. If you get a used one you should have no problem out of it if you buy from a good dealer. My advise is you should buy a certified used one from a mazda dealer you get an extended warranty with it at no extra cost. I have a couple on my lot if you are interested.

And where would you be?? 'Cause I am interested.

schimrobman
09-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Make sure you do your research, but I love mine. I bought an 04 September of 04 and I have 118,000 on it. So far I have changed the rear breaks and the tires. I love this car. No matter how much I beat on it I get 30mpg, sometimes a little more sometimes less. It doesnt really matter how you drive it, but even at 85 I still get around 30 mpg.

Add your comment to this topic!