Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cleaning brushes

superhoss
10-03-2002, 06:20 PM
how do yall clean your paintbrushes between switching colors? i never can get the paint out of the bristles when i try to clean them

TheSyndicate
10-03-2002, 07:20 PM
I find that quality brushes are easier to clean. You can usually find a pack of 4 brushes with differnet sizes for about $6. I used to get the $4 testors detailing brush, but I found the white bristles seem to suck up colors. When using enamels, use the proper solution, usually "paint brush cleaner". For acrylics, warm water and soap should do the trick. Avoid dipping the brush in paint past the metal part so you don't get paint permanently stuck in the little place.

Spec2 Girl
10-03-2002, 07:21 PM
I clean mine with paint thinner. Seems to work quite well. :)

Jay!
10-03-2002, 07:27 PM
I clean my brushes with soap and warm water. One of my favorite advantages to using acrylics. :)

Joe Ortiz
10-04-2002, 05:22 PM
With enamels I use paint thinner, with acrylics I use warm water.:smoker2:

integra818
10-04-2002, 06:14 PM
I dip the brush in thiner for a second and wipe the brush with a paper towel,the reason i dip it in the thinner for only a second is so i dont get peint in the thiner,when you dip it in thinner the paint seperates form the brush and you can clean the brush with a towel.

primera man
10-05-2002, 05:56 AM
I use a engine cleaner product we have at work called "Conker".
Clean's enamels off real well and then can be washed off with water.

Jonno
10-05-2002, 06:04 AM
I only use enamels, that way, I can be sure that there is no reactions.
I use Mineral Turpentine to clean the brushes, my dad lays, sands and polishes timber floors, so he buys all those kinds of chemicals in 30 litre barrels. I think he also has gun cleaners (spray gun cleaners :flipa:) so if I ever get an air brush, chances are, ill use that.

Add your comment to this topic!