Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 g2500 refuses to start

dozier768
02-19-2007, 09:42 PM
:banghead:
Hello, im new here so i guess this is my intro post.

I was hoping i could get some help with a frustrating prolem im having concerning a 97 G2500 with a 5.7L vortec, basicly it was parked a week ago and was running like a top, then i went to move it and it just wont start, Voltage is good, and the fuel pressure is ~65, and its throwing spark, anybody
have any ideas? i figured it was a fuel pump at first because i know vortecs wont start with less than about 60 lbs of fuel pressure, but it checks out fine and the battery checks out to, and it turns over like a raped ape.

-Dan

dozier768
02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
^bump

also forgot to mention, the scanner pulls no codes

DFBonnett
02-20-2007, 05:40 PM
If you're getting a good spark at the plugs, it sounds like a fuel problem. Can you try some starting fluid and see if it tries to fire with that? If it does you might check the fuse for the fuel injectors.

dozier768
02-21-2007, 01:12 PM
ya im actually waiting for carquest to drop some off

dozier768
02-22-2007, 12:05 AM
well the starting fluid didnt do it, it seems it was sabatoge... ill i can figure is someone dumped something in the gas tank when it was parked,

after testing:

Fuel pressure
injector pulse
ignition coil

ect..

everything was working like it should, so i pulled the fuel line at the filter and plumbed in a pump and makeshift gastank "5 gallon gas can" it fired up after a few cranks.. so i pumped 20 gallons of ruined gas outa the tank and problem solved. go figure...

DFBonnett
02-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Glad you got it fixed. We've got some "funny boys" around here too. I've had lit cigarettes tossed into the back of my van when it was parked on the street and the doors were open for off-loading. Can you get a locking gas cap?

dozier768
02-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Actually its a carpet cleaning van that we sold a week or two ago and the guy that bought it hadnt picked it up yet, so i was kinda worried there for a few lol, no need for a locking gascap, as we'll put it in the shop over night.

thx for the replies.

-Dan

Add your comment to this topic!