Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Starting a plan, finance for WRX

sickcallawayc12
02-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Well I like my blazer, but SUVs really aren't worth getting unless you got a trailer to tow that hobby car to the autocross track so i wanna get this sucker paid off so i can get in the seat of a WRX (dream car for me). It won't be for a while, probably take me good a year and a half to pay off the blazer, but i wanna get an idea of what amount i should save up for for downpayment of a car costing 14k +. I'm pretty sure i can get one as it would be the 3rd car i'd finance for and the first two vehicles all payments on time and I'm working on my credit rating; i have quite a few past due accounts but the biggest one will be paid off/settled in a couple months and the others i can pay off within the year. I'd use my 98 blazer lt as a trade in probably will have a good 200k miles when i'm ready and has all options except sunroof, well taken care of. What's a good goal amount i should shoot for?

Andydg
02-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Just save up as much as you can. The more you put down the less you have to finance and you could get a better interest rate.

klohiq
02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
With 200k on the blazer you won't get much from a dealer, try to sell it private party after you buy the WRX.

A good down payment is about 20-25% of the cars value. If you can't swing that then just try to put as much as you can down. A 5 year loan with zero down on a 14k car should be about $300/m, but it all depends on interest rate and other specifics such as extended warranty and crap.

Once I get rid of my car I'm never financing a car again...

sickcallawayc12
02-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I could probably pull this off within a year with some extra work. I put around 1500 down for my first car and cost 6 grand so I did the max my first time. I guess I could make my Blazer sell pretty easily too.

PlayStation3
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM
just remeber that on a wrx don't get a cai unless you make it.

sickcallawayc12
02-20-2007, 03:19 PM
i'd rather upgrade the turbo, but i'll probably leave it stock for several months first.

klohiq
02-20-2007, 08:01 PM
just remeber that on a wrx don't get a cai unless you make it.

lol wtf is that supposed to mean?? I'd trust a company that did R&D rather than making it DIY out of PVC or hardware store crap...

CAI and other aftermarket intakes aren't usually a good idea because they let more crap into your engine and can damage your MAF sensor, but for the amount of people that use them they seem to be relatively problem free on most makes and models.

sickcallawayc12
02-20-2007, 09:07 PM
lol wtf is that supposed to mean?? I'd trust a company that did R&D rather than making it DIY out of PVC or hardware store crap...

CAI and other aftermarket intakes aren't usually a good idea because they let more crap into your engine and can damage your MAF sensor, but for the amount of people that use them they seem to be relatively problem free on most makes and models.
yeah i know i had a cold air on my saturn and was problem free though it got dirty quick. many saturn owners with cai made shields for their filters so they wouldn't trek as much muck. making your own cai isn't that bad though. I don't see a reason to add one to a turbo car though. 227 hp is plenty for my foot.

PlayStation3
02-21-2007, 06:30 AM
obviously didn't do any reasearch yet. a cai will cause your wrx to run lean and cause the computer to throw the running lean code.

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5510

klohiq
02-21-2007, 07:34 AM
ummm...that's why you get an SAFC or rechip the ecu...it's not like running lean is anything new, add enough aftermarket crap to any engine and it will either run lean or pig rich...

I still don't get why you should avoid a CAI...I have seen many WRXs with a cold air intake and they haven't blown up.

Add your comment to this topic!