Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

well fellas think its time for a rebuild.

BlitzKeg
02-19-2007, 11:31 AM
My fc has 118,000 miles and as usual I let someone else drive and it breaks down....this time I think its a apex seal. I definitely want to get the opinion of other rx7 owners., My game plan is go ahead and do this rebuild right and upgrade my automatic to a stick., once I do that I can either rebuild my n/a or try to find a turbo motor which has been difficult to find for me.....

If a turbo motor is readily available I will try and go with that., I do have plenty of time for this rebuild so I want to do it right although I do miss my baby deeply ................ plus I now have the opportunity to save large amounts of cash over the next year atleast.

If anybody know of a good place to find a good gearbox, or and old fc being stripped out PLEASE post and tell me It would be mucho mucho help. :1zhelp:

I've heard of fd swapping automatic for manual but I haven't really heard of fc swapping....it is possible right?!?!?!?!? :licka:

anyways I'm searching as I type for parts so any help would be good thx.. :cheers: :ylsuper: :cheers:

Steel
02-20-2007, 02:08 PM
It's possible, but if you're going to get a TII motor, you'd be served best to get a TII transmission, driveshaft, rearend and halfshafts as well. Cause you'll break an N/A tranny right quick with a snail. They made them out of glass.

ghostrx7
02-21-2007, 07:39 AM
find a turbo II donor car, or buy a turbo car. i tryed the swap and got almost done and gave up. sold that car and bought a tII anni. why spend 3 grand on a swap when the car still isnt as good as an original tII? just find a cheap tII.....

drftk1d
02-23-2007, 11:23 PM
find a turbo II donor car, or buy a turbo car. i tryed the swap and got almost done and gave up. sold that car and bought a tII anni. why spend 3 grand on a swap when the car still isnt as good as an original tII? just find a cheap tII.....

Fucking gospel here folks.

Add your comment to this topic!