Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 blazer 4.3 vortec no start and rough idle

drgnfly6499
02-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Our Blazer fuel pump went out in december, we changed it. it then would not start for two days we tried everything we could( alot of help from this forum *smiles*) then we finally found the fuel pump test wire and got it running. It then a very rough idle, so we went ahead and changed plugs, wires, cap, rotor and fuel filter. Problem was a little better but no fix. Then it got really cold and just refused to start. this happens several times over the last couple of weeks. Went out today and check plugs and wires. they were fine it did start but still shaking and idling realy rough. I accidentally placed my hand on something that I have no idea what it was and the truck ran fine so i turned it off took this thing off fixed rubber boot on this electrical plug it's aproximately 3*3 with a long tail from it it has several wires going into it, it plugs into the intake manifold behind the throttle body and in front of the dist. any ways re plugged it in and replaced the little white strap over top and she runs better now than when i baught her. I have researched every picture i could find trying to figure what this piece was so i could let you all know.. but no luck ! Do Any of you know what this is??

luckymanz
02-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Sounds to me that if it is on the intake side, behind the throttle plate and has 3- wires coming from it like the idle air control (IAC) motor or throttle position sensor (TPS). The IAC regulates your idle controled by the ECM and the TPS provides the ECM the position of the throttle plate. If they are not seated correctly, they would cause erattic idle, did you get any SES (servive lights) flashing? I would post some pictures, but I have not gotten those permissions, yet. :grinyes:

drgnfly6499
02-19-2007, 01:25 PM
yes my check engine light was flashing constantly. There is a pic of a Jimmy engine on ebay that you can see the part i am talking about it has a white strap that holds it in place not quite sure how mine came undone but like i said after i replaced the boot and restrapped it in it runs like a champ

LS19962DRBLAZER4X4
02-22-2007, 08:11 AM
If you 4WheelDrive that you need one everyyear..I owned my 1996 LS
S-10 4X4 2DR Off Road SUV for over 11 years. I have to blow out the
trottle every 2 years sometimes twice...The Platinum Spark Plug will not
last five years. They will last for 2-3 years tops...
Buy them and install them yourself...
OIL CHANGES EVERY *3000 MILES...
TUNE UPS 2-3 YEARS
FLUSH ANTIFREEZE DEXTRON EVERY 2 YEARS
BRAKES AND CALIPERS EVERY 3 YEARS
2 YEARS CITY DRIVING..
Check the Transmission Fluid and replace it after original 60000 miles
replace transmission filter after 40000 miles..
Lube the truck every month door hinges joints and back hatch lifts...

Keep a detailed record if you leased or still have payments...

Call NJ Lemon Laws if the new truck is giving you trouble and GM
isn't answering your phone calls or messages...
:2cents:

juanito115
02-22-2007, 10:16 PM
I think he's talking about the spider connector. Same thing happened to my friends blazer when we changed the lower intake manifold gasket! unplugged it and plugged it back in nice and tight and problem solved. The rough idle went away. I thiught I had messed something up inside the engine (pheeww) !

drgnfly6499
02-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Do you know where I can find a pic of one? And I could let you know if that is it or not.

Add your comment to this topic!