Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Clarion DRX6675z Head Unit Problems

Scottm69s
02-17-2007, 12:48 PM
I have a Clarion DRX6675z CD Player installed in my car but it will not hold memory. It has 2 Yellow wires on the back that have confused me. Anyone have any wiring instructions?

pimprolla112
02-17-2007, 01:59 PM
I checked out clarions web site and nothing came up, so i searched around and this is about the only thing i found,which is the same issues you have.

the heavy gauge wire is designed for running a dedicated 10AWG line to the positive battery terminal for power, and is fused for suvh.
the red power wire is iether ignition, or similar, and is fused through your car's fusebox vie the harness.

I don't recall what "Bus" is referring to, but you should be able to connect it to the same +12 line as the power line uses (from the battery terminal)
This is similar to Alpine's Vdrive setup.

This was from glasswolf on ecoustics.com

hotrod_chevyz
02-18-2007, 12:08 AM
I have a Clarion DRX6675z CD Player installed in my car but it will not hold memory. It has 2 Yellow wires on the back that have confused me. Anyone have any wiring instructions?

What is the wiring colour code for my aftermarket radio? "Clarion's use of wire colour is standard for the industry. You should however note that it is common for not every connection to be used. For example if your vehicle has not got a loom for rear speakers a connection will not exist." clarion website.

White LF +
White/Black LF -
Grey RF +
Grey/Black RF -
Green LR +
Green/Black LR -
Violet RR +
Violet/Black RR -
Yellow 14ga Battery Main
Yellow 18ga Battery CeNet
Black Ground
Red Accessory
Blue Antenna turn-on +
Blue/White Remote turn-on +
Orange/White Dimmer +
Brown Phone mute -
Orange Parking Brake -
White/Red CCD Input + Instant on

EDIT: You want the 14GA (fattest) yellow wire to run to a fused buss connection on your fuse box. The skinny yellow wire is for a cd player if im not mistaken. Your dash should already have a constant hot wire for the factory stereo you should use thats already fused at the fuse box. That way you dont have a bunch of wires going everywhere. A simple test light will confirm wich one it is. If you dont find any you could have a blown fuse. Good luck.

PaulD
02-18-2007, 04:33 PM
that's odd (and kind of pointless) that it would have two yellow wires. To answer your question, one of the power wires goes to 12V ignition and has power when the car is turned on - the other has power all the time. The constant power one is what allows you to have memory, I suspect you connected both power wires to the 12V switched source so everytime you turn the car off, you lose your settings.

Add your comment to this topic!