Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Thinking about buying a 1991 Audi 100 Quattro

SpyderGuy97
02-16-2007, 08:05 AM
I was wondering if there are any serious problems with this car that you guys might know about. Ive been into DSM's(eclipse, talon, laser) for years, but I know nothing of german cars. This one has 150k, its a 2.3 5cyl with a 5speed transmission. It has a leaky sunroof, broken window regulator on the drivers side, and it needs a battery. The guy wants $1200 for it. Do you think its worth it? Also what should I look out for? Thanks in advance.

ctesla
02-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Zack,
regardless of leaky windows, these vehicles shine on the road, AWD, sporty (for their time); yet luxury, without a doubt.
with 150+K, find out if timing belt has been done, and as long as the four axleshafts are good, and she shifts ok; I'd say do it!
...but I am biased.
after driving EVERYTHING on the planet; these are the best of ALL worlds, until you need a dealer only part, and then you realize the Germans did win the war...
if you are still looking, good luck.
used car shopping is never fun, and only 50/50 rewarding, unless you do your research, and your pre-insp+ drive it! HARD!
chris

SpyderGuy97
03-01-2007, 05:22 PM
I bought it, its getting the timing done now, along with a new starter, valve cover gasket, and some other minor things. I like it so far, except the sunroof broke when it was up, so I had to break it and screw it in place and put some silicone on it to seal it. Other than that its nice.

Add your comment to this topic!