Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

problems starting cold

Adam_rex
02-14-2007, 02:23 PM
ok so i have a 92 talon Tsi i had for a couple years and no problems in that time ive changed timing belt and water pump. i bought new car so this one sat during summers well i try to get it out last winter and it wont start. sounds like its not getting spark, but it is. so i check feul pressure and change filter check for spark and its all good. compression seemed good. now if i hit it with starting fluid it starts. and when the car warms up it starts on its own. but as long as its cold it wont start without starting fluid.

pbschnell
03-10-2007, 03:45 PM
ok so i have a 92 talon Tsi i had for a couple years and no problems in that time ive changed timing belt and water pump. i bought new car so this one sat during summers well i try to get it out last winter and it wont start. sounds like its not getting spark, but it is. so i check feul pressure and change filter check for spark and its all good. compression seemed good. now if i hit it with starting fluid it starts. and when the car warms up it starts on its own. but as long as its cold it wont start without starting fluid.

I am having the EXACT same problem. If you find out or have found out whats wrong, please post. I was told it needs a ecm/fuel relay.

Add your comment to this topic!