Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Class action lawsuit against Carfax

'97ventureowner
02-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Just wanted to make everybody aware of a class action lawsuit brought against Carfax for misleading consumers into believing their reports were complete and contained accurate info. If you bought a report before October 27,2006 you are entitled to join the claim. You must submit your claim before April 27 to be considered. Benefits from the lawsuit include free reports and other benefits not mentioned at this time. For more info you can click on this link--> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/01/carfax_class.html

klohiq
02-15-2007, 07:15 AM
wow free reports from something a lot of people dont even trust anymore...WOOT!!!

they should be shelling out cash...theyve probably got more than enough to spend a couple million and give people what they took...

BrodyP
02-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Good find :thumbsup:

'97ventureowner
02-15-2007, 11:26 PM
wow free reports from something a lot of people dont even trust anymore...WOOT!!!

they should be shelling out cash...theyve probably got more than enough to spend a couple million and give people what they took...
Well, one would HOPE they have improved since they were found to have inaccurate/incomplete reports. If they want to stay in business you would want to think they would improve upon their practices. Besides, one good thing for them to give out free reports is a way of showing former customers how they have improved in hopes they will come back to them for new reports in the future,(and this time pay for them.)

klohiq
02-16-2007, 06:18 AM
I guess...

Drive and Carer
02-18-2007, 03:54 AM
I just prefer autocheck express. I know it is not as "complete" as carfax, but it covers all of the important information and it's subscription based -- no paying for each report.

exsalesman
02-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Im glad to see this is happening. I am amazed how many cars i have personally seen with thousands and in one case over 100,000 dollars in damge that had a clean car fax. it was a great scam for them while it lasted

Add your comment to this topic!