96 maxima won't start - intermittently ??

iwhitevt
02-13-2007, 02:14 PM
1996 Maxima GLE? w/v6, all stock. Have an intermitten problem with the car not starting. when the ignition is turned on, everything seems the work and I can hear a relay below the dash clicking when I try to start, but the starter doesn't turn over. It has a new battery and the last time it wouldn't start, I took it to the dealer. They replaced the starter (with one I supplied from BapGeon) and everything seemed to be good. now (about 4-5 weeks later) I have started having the same problem. Works great most of the time, but occasionally won't crank. I went to the dealer to try to buy a new starter relay, but they told me it doesn't have one??? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nahkapohjola
02-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Dont go to that shop...

Verify charge voltage.

Reman starter/alt fail all too often:( ... Check the cablings, verify that the starter solenoid gets juice as problem is on (needs some kind of tester). If voltage is present and main cables ok, starter solenoid and/or brushes fail. I guess it has some warranty?

U can find drawings & whatever if u follow Favorite Links, clic below

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/5
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/748000-748999/748507_440.jpg

jim Dee
02-20-2007, 07:56 AM
1996 Maxima GLE? w/v6, all stock. Have an intermitten problem with the car not starting. when the ignition is turned on, everything seems the work and I can hear a relay below the dash clicking when I try to start, but the starter doesn't turn over. It has a new battery and the last time it wouldn't start, I took it to the dealer. They replaced the starter (with one I supplied from BapGeon) and everything seemed to be good. now (about 4-5 weeks later) I have started having the same problem. Works great most of the time, but occasionally won't crank. I went to the dealer to try to buy a new starter relay, but they told me it doesn't have one??? Any suggestions would be appreciated. have too maxima had to change the ignition switch on them ez job switch was less then $40 turn to crank if no start push switch up and down it will start thank me later

Add your comment to this topic!