Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

The Rodeo Is Back

garydh2000
02-12-2007, 06:03 PM
On 1-22-07 my son was side-swiped, drivers side, on a snowy and icy night here in Pittsburgh. My vehicle is a 1996 Rodeo LS 4WD with 129,000 miles. My son was not injured thankfully but the Rodeo was messed-up pretty good. The estimate was $2,800. At $3,500 I was told it would have been totalled. So today the Rodeo was finally repaired and ready to pick-up. I should say that my Rodeo prior the accident was in excellent shape. The top half of the truck is dark metallic red and the bottom half is grey metallic.

The repair total ended-up at $3,900. Once they had my Rodeo in the shop and put it on the lift, additional repairs were needed underneath and State Farm authorized the additional work. I ended up paying cash for a repair to the frame on the passenger side. They took some photos of the frame and there were areas that were rusted through. They did some welding work to the frame to reinforce it. It cost me $300 for the frame work

The repair work looks good good. Basically the entire drivers side has been repainted with a new front fender and drivers door skin and rear quarter panel. Both drivers side wheels were replaced.

So now I need to do a thorough detailing of the hood, roof and passenger side to bring those areas up to speed with the newly painted areas. This will have to wait we get some relief from this cold, nasty weather.

Just thought I would share my story.:grinyes:

Gary

Ramblin Fever
02-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Great news!

On the areas of the old paint, found something that'll bring the color right back out, try Mother's CLEANER wax, then after a day or so, use regular wax over that; i.e. Black Majic synthetic wax works great on my 2 burgundy trucks!

Oh, don't make the mistake I did, don't wax your newly painted areas for a few months.

trooperbc
02-12-2007, 07:31 PM
if your 'old' paint has a clear coat, you may not want to 'rub' it out, lest you damage that. and did you get the new stuff clear-coated?

i'm about to have to deal with this because of a very minor parking lot hit on the side that got the bottom of both passenger doors just really a tiny bit that so far is getting estimated up to~$1300.00+ . and then i have to decide what to do about the rest, not looking forward to it. argh.h.h.h..h..

//bc

//bc

Add your comment to this topic!