2000 lesabre-hard starting sometimes

buickpoor
02-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Well, back again with more Buick quirks. I have a 2000 lesabre (87,431 miles) that sometimes acts like its flooded. when you 1st turn it over and it doesn't start it smells flooded. When you try again to start it, it stumbles a bit and just keeps spinning over. Sometimes I can get it to start by pumping the gas at the right time, after I have spun it over for a while and it is no longer stumbling. It only does this when cold, always starts right up when warm or after running just a minute or two. no codes generated, at least no check engine light. any suggestions appreciated.

thanks
buickpoor

Bassasasin
02-12-2007, 05:50 PM
A leaking fuel injector could be flooding the engine.
For a leaky injector try some injector cleaner. They just get clogged and leak and flood during the prime during a start.
You may try holding the pedal all the way down after a NO Start condition.

Ignition module or Crankshaft sensor may not be working well when cold.

For Spark troubleshooting, get the car really cold and look for spark with a spark testor while cranking.

Good Luck

buickpoor
05-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks, I replaced the ignition module and 3 coil packs and had one more episode of hard starting. I started using Snows fuel injector cleaner. Seems to start ok in the morning. Now I get minor stumbling when going up hill just holding speed, not using a lot of gas pedal. could it be spark plug wires? still no trouble light or any codes...

buickpoor

maxwedge
05-18-2007, 09:06 AM
A misfire can cause that, dirty injectors, low fuel pressure also. BTW, look for any fuel residue in the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator.

RPerformance
12-11-2007, 07:14 PM
maxwedge, did you ever fix this problem?

BNaylor
12-11-2007, 07:23 PM
maxwedge, did you ever fix this problem?

Sorry but please check the date and do not resurrect old threads per AF and Buick forum guidelines. See link below.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=635166

Note: Maxwedge did not have this issue.

Thread closed.

Add your comment to this topic!