Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 Camry door window glass

vivaviva
02-10-2007, 06:45 PM
I need your help! Some b*stard broke my driver's side window to break into my car. The glass was replaced but it's a different shade of bronze glass. (Glass coming in different colors, i.e. green, bronze, blue, etc.)

The glass place claims that they only get that one shade in that color; to get the same shade, he'd have to go to the dealer which he said my insurance won't cover b/c of the year. My insurance is still talking to them.

I find it hard to believe that there is only one shade of this color available for this car, since I see so many of these Camrys out there. I wouldn't care if it wasn't noticeable, but it is. Anyone have any information? It is greatly appreciated...

...and yeah, the b*stard only got away with $2.00 in change that was in a dash compartment.

Mike Gerber
02-11-2007, 01:41 PM
What about a replacement from a salvage yard? It's glass, not a mechanical part. As long as it's not scratched, it should be fine. Have you talked to the shop or your insurance company about trying that?

Mike

vivaviva
02-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure that the insurance company won't go for salvage... I was just wondering if aftermarket glass came in different shades of bronze; or if the glass place - who haven't been the most cooperative even though they were on the list for AAA - was right, that it only comes in one color...

Is aftermarket glass for a 1995 Camry that hard to get in the right color? Or am I just stuck with a mismatched window?

Add your comment to this topic!