Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

87 mr2 body kit ?

bigd1180
02-09-2007, 03:24 AM
My wife has this car and it is in storage for the winter and I want to get it out and fix it up for her as a suprise for birthday! The car is a little rough in the front fenders by the doors (rust) the rear quarters are a little rusty also.I was looking at the body kits on ebay and there is a few different kind avialable. Did anyone try these on there car or is there other places that provide better options. Does anyone now if i can get new rear quarters for the mk1. Thanks

1986fierogt
09-23-2007, 12:55 PM
no you can not you can cut out and replace that way but the quarter panels are one piece so no you cant and the body kit i would get for the mk1 would be the FX bodykit its cheap and look really good on the car so thats what i would get

hjacobsh
01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Years ago (3) my kid bought a $800 kit from eurbuni (sp) they are junk. Cheap fiberglass, a lot of custom fitting, the only part that was half-way decent was the rear bumper - STAY AWAY unless you really like to do fiberglass work.

nickleyw@yahoo.com
01-23-2008, 10:50 PM
no you can not you can cut out and replace that way but the quarter panels are one piece so no you cant and the body kit i would get for the mk1 would be the FX bodykit its cheap and look really good on the car so thats what i would get

Wow, you have no idea how hard it was to read this...

... try using some punctuation, or different lines, or something...

... and cannot is one word

(i'm sorry to sound like a grammar nazi, but i had to read that post about 3 times before i got what it said)

And I agree: most inexpensive body kits are going to require at least a small amount of fiber-glassing or bondo work. If you're into that, then go for it... it just takes time and patience, not to mention some skill...

Add your comment to this topic!