Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

oil catch can

04srt4
02-08-2007, 11:08 PM
hey, i own a 2004 srt4 and i recently installed a greddy oil catch can. I have my pcv valve line running into the can and the other line going back into the intake manifold. is there any oil blow by comming from the the other side of the valve covers (the one that connects to your intake)?

Turbodog97
02-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Not a significant enough amount to worry about. I capped my intake and put one of those breather filters on the valve cover.

04srt4
02-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Not a significant enough amount to worry about. I capped my intake and put one of those breather filters on the valve cover.

Thanks, so far i only have a catch can, cai, mopar short throw, and i havent decided what i want to buy next, any suggestions for mods, i was thinkin about exhaust the blow off valve, but what do i need to add more boost? also have you heard of anyone knows how to get our foglights to come on wit our parking lights?

Turbodog97
02-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks, so far i only have a catch can, cai, mopar short throw, and i havent decided what i want to buy next, any suggestions for mods, i was thinkin about exhaust the blow off valve, but what do i need to add more boost? also have you heard of anyone knows how to get our foglights to come on wit our parking lights?

I would do a 3" exhaust, adjustable wga, and water injection. Unless you just want to hear the "pshh" then I don't see a point of a new bov. I'm still running the stocker...just ran it like you would a regular bov(T'd off of the tb line). I would suggest not doing that mod or using your foglights regularly. There have been many a people who have fried the harness while using the fogs because the factory harness blows.

04srt4
02-10-2007, 07:20 PM
i was looking to spend around 400 for my exhaust, i found a borla 2.5" cat back from modern performance, did you say what i need to add more boost, also sorry for all the questions but what did you use to cap off your intake nipple from where you put that breather. also, i only have the mods that i said earlier and my gas milage is absolutly horrible, it got bette once my intake was put on, im getting 190 miles out of a tank of premium, and i think my tps might be going out, is this normal?

ponchonutty
02-11-2007, 02:56 PM
well gas mileage is all dependent on how you drive. Also, cold driving will cause it to run richer too but you should get more than 190 per tank if you aren't driving hard. I usually average 275 per tank. I've gotten 334 driving like I had a Honda and I've gotten 134 driving like I stole it.

04srt4
02-11-2007, 07:42 PM
well gas mileage is all dependent on how you drive. Also, cold driving will cause it to run richer too but you should get more than 190 per tank if you aren't driving hard. I usually average 275 per tank. I've gotten 334 driving like I had a Honda and I've gotten 134 driving like I stole it.
yea the most i have every gotten out of a tank was 200, what do you thing the problem is, i dont drive it hard normally, and i cleaned my ijectors and my throttle body, do you think plugs could have anything to do with it

BrodyP
02-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Cold weather = hell on millage for the SRT. I saw significantly lower mileage during the colder months as opposed to the warm ones. Something to do with an additive they put in gasoline. Not sure if this related to your case but it is one scenario. I averages 21-22mpg a tank driving regular mix of highway and city. Driving her hard yielded me around 18 sometimes less if the boost was kept high. Look at getting a DP along with your exhaust then focus on what else in mentioned such as a wg and bov or staged kit. A catless DP will also add to the poor gas mileage so watch out.

Add your comment to this topic!