Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Update on 86 CRX Problems

msmallz
02-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Ok, so I posted a few times a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was my fuel pump or distributor, now I’m not sure. Sometimes my car will start right up. Sometimes it will take a long time of cranking, then you’ll hear it start to fire just a little, then it will start and idle really rough for about ten seconds, almost like the engine is out of balance or something, but then it will start running smoothly. Then, I have to keep my foot on the gas until it warms up some and can keep going by itself. Sometimes, if I start up and go without letting it warm up much, it will die even if I have my foot on the gas. Then, it will either start up again, or sometimes it won’t start up again until it has sat for several hours. Now, my engine is carbureted, and I’ve wondering if when it dies and I try to start it I’ve been drowning the carb with too much gas so it won’t start? Is that possible? Also, I’ve been driving it every day to work which is an hour away and I haven’t had any problems with it on the highway, the engine runs great for a 20 year old motor. Any suggestions on what it could be? thanks

Add your comment to this topic!