Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Helmets for 1/24 scale cars

plasticoverload
02-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Does anybody know if any companies produce helmets to go in 1/24 scale cars? I am looking for some to detail the inside of a rally car.

There used to be a company in the UK called MRM who produced a white metal set with etched metal headsets included but I dont think they are trading any more.

MPWR
02-06-2007, 01:03 PM
I believe Tamiya's '01 and '02 WRC STi's both have helmets included. Get one and cast yourself some copies.

A slightly more gruesome option would be to get ahold of Tamiya's rally driver/codriver set. It contains two pairs of helmeted heads. You could carefully carve out the faces, and then cast copies.

The more difficult trick is of course decals for the helmets....

ales
02-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Another option for a full-face helmet would be taking Heller 1/24 racing bikes kits and modifying the helmets that are included.

plasticoverload
02-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys, I'll have to give both suggestions a try.
Never tried to cast anything before, but I'm sure a search will throw some techniques up.

freakray
02-06-2007, 05:00 PM
For a while, Studio27 produced some white metal helmets, if you can find some they're pretty decent.

Scale-Master
02-07-2007, 10:21 AM
The last few years releases of Revell NASCAR kits come with a driver figure including a helmet, (with head inside). You'll need to do some cutting to make the inside look right if you plan to hang it from the roll cage, but making it presentable just sitting on a seat is not too tough... - Mark

speeddemon92
02-10-2007, 07:27 PM
i've just found your helmet holy grailhttp://www.modern-motorsports.net/newcatind.html on page 5,(accsesories and goodies) there are full face helmets, open face helmets and more. if you want to make nascar models, this is heaven. its heaven even if you don't want to make nascar models, especialy with the GB£-US$ exchange rate! thers lots of stoff that could be used for other stuff! hope you like it!

mariaci
02-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Hi.. if you want I have a pair of metal helmets in 1/24 scale.. I'm from Italy!

plasticoverload
02-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Speeddemon92, that website link is perfect thanks for posting.

:grinno:

Add your comment to this topic!