Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

car burning oil?

skooby
09-30-2002, 07:42 AM
I think my car is burning oil like crazy, is it normal? I have a 2000 GSR. On each oil change i fill it up to the second mark. And I change my oil every 3 months. When i check the oil before changing it, it's always below the first mark. Is this normal?? Thanks.

DVSNCYNIKL
09-30-2002, 08:01 AM
Have you checked for any leaks?

blowngsr
09-30-2002, 01:18 PM
I have a 2000 GSR and i go through that much oil but i blew out my rings, if i were you i would take every thing off the car (put it to stock) and take it to your local ACURA dealership and tell them to fix this shit for free b/c you should still have warranty on your car. I have been to acura 4 times for my tranny and a whole bunch of other dumb shit messed up w/ my car.

chad174
09-30-2002, 05:21 PM
hey blownGSR, that is a nice car. i'd kill to have a nice daily driven 13 and a half second GSR. and yeah maybe you blew out a piston ring or two...is your exhaust blue/black at a lot of times? do you ever notice oil underneath your car? check everything for leaks too.

blowngsr
09-30-2002, 05:46 PM
hey thanks man preciate it.:D

skooby
09-30-2002, 11:00 PM
thanks for the input everyone, greatly appreciated....but i had check and it doesn't seem like there's an oil leakage:confused: ....also, all i have under the hood are an AEM intake and an AEM fuel rail and regulator, can I bring it back to acura for them to check on the oil issue w/o putting the stock parts back on? Anyone work for acura?:rolleyes:

blowngsr
10-01-2002, 02:04 PM
no i would definatly take those off they can make up a feason for both of those to make your car burn oil. Trust me dont try it.

Add your comment to this topic!