Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is it possible to actually drift?

D.E
02-04-2007, 03:56 PM
As the title says, is it possible to actually drift an R/C car? Not that crap with having a 4wd car with plastic on the rear tires, but actually having an rwd car that can spin the wheels enough to drift, and maintain control?

pre98zetec
02-04-2007, 05:45 PM
nearly impossible with an onroad car but it can be done pretty easily with a stadium truck. I can drift my nitro rustler on sandy road, and hold it... it's hard but its possible

mike@af
02-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Its possible, but why?

juggalo33438
05-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Its possible, but why?

WHy not? I would rather have something thats all around like my maxx. Run over the road cars and go onto the dirt. Why stay on road and drive in circles?

I have a t maxx that will drift better than the onroads around my town. All you have to do is lock the rear with a spool. Take the drive shaft off the front. Im currently using an O.S .18 engine. The first day i had it i ripped the frond end apart. So ive been using 2wd since then. Im also using shorter shocks to lower it. Its not to bad to drift. But electric is way easier. Idk about the road cars.

pre98zetec
05-09-2007, 03:07 PM
WHy not? I would rather have something thats all around like my maxx. Run over the road cars and go onto the dirt. Why stay on road and drive in circles?

I have a t maxx that will drift better than the onroads around my town. All you have to do is lock the rear with a spool. Take the drive shaft off the front. Im currently using an O.S .18 engine. The first day i had it i ripped the frond end apart. So ive been using 2wd since then. Im also using shorter shocks to lower it. Its not to bad to drift. But electric is way easier. Idk about the road cars.Let me know how long your tranny lasts :smokin:

juggalo33438
05-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Let me know how long your tranny lasts :smokin:

I forget who makes it but all my gears are steel. I dont have to worry about anything with my truck really. :evillol:
Fun truck. In the last year ive went threw a set of shocks and rebuilt my engine. I run 20% nitro in it. Use to run it alot but lately i havent been messing with it.

But ya. Nitro is by far better than electric if you know how to keep em up and running. I have 4-5 of the cars. but by far my t maxx is the best.

XMDrifter
06-20-2007, 04:52 PM
what do you mean is it possible?!?!?!?! and its not crap about 4wd. you use plastic tires on front AND rear wheels.

and possible for rwd rc car drift? yes. likely? no.
who says there arent any 4wd rc cars?!?!?!

xpeed
07-18-2007, 07:17 PM
There's a R/C kit that's mainly built for drifting only. Look it up.

XMDrifter
07-19-2007, 03:24 PM
there are rwd rc cars and 4wd rc cars. all 4wd rc cars can drift.
all 2wd rc cars are very bad drifters. and since there is such a difference in weight to power ratios between real cars and rc cars, the real car techniques don't apply to rc except for initiating the slide.
RC drifting is more like full scale low tracton rally than full scale rwd drifting.
there aren't "specially made rc drift cars" because all 4wd rc cars can drift if you take a lot of the traction away. all that they do to make it "specially designed for drifting" is slippery tires and a drift car model body

just go to this website and you'll know what im talking about:
Drccentral.com

Add your comment to this topic!