Fuel, it is something to do with fuel, I知 just not sure exactly what

joe_boarder
02-04-2007, 05:59 AM
I've lost power, lots of it, and it is a constant loss...no back and forth or anything like that just an even loss. I have a noise that sounds like a puff of air or sputter that increases with the throttle. There is also a high pitched squeals that also increases with the RPM's.
I've read through and power loss seems to be a common theme, only I never find out how it was cured if it ever was? My OBDII reads that the cat is bad. but I'm thinking that may be from a bad mix from the fuel filter and that maybe the high pitch noise is from the fuel pump.

The car was running fine and then it just lost power within a minute or two. Funny thing is I read on this forum that someone had changed their oil and a hundred and fifty miles later the same thing happened, no power and I changed my oil about 150 miles before this happened to me as well. although I have no idea how that would create the symptoms I have.

Any ideas? I would just replace the fuel pump but it seems like others have tried that and it didn't work...So are there other ideas out there about what might be wrong?

Add your comment to this topic!