Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fixed 98 S10 4.3 Vortech Please Read!!!

homesteadheating
02-02-2007, 05:58 PM
My S10 started running real rough, shuttering and the whole 9 yards. I was only getting 2-4 miles to the gallon. I took it to auto zone to get the codes read and for some reason it would not even power up the diagnostic code reader. I changed the plugs, wires, fuel pump, cap, rotor, and cut the cat off before the o2 sensors and still had bad problems with it ideling very rough, noo aceleration, total loss of power, shuttering when I took off, and going up-hill was a real battle. Checked the plugs again and noticed the two center cylinders were not firing good at all, they were not wet, so I did a compression check, one cylinder took awhile to build up compression, (weird I know) So after thinking long and hard and consulting alot of die hard chevy guys we came to the following conclusion that just happened to be the problem. I HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS.
I took the upper intake off, there is a ummm... what I guess you'd call a distrabution box for the fuel injectors with 6 plastic hoses coming off of it. The two center plastic hoses were cracked. PROBLEM SOLVED. Auto zone sells a kit to fix it. It will run you $300.00, but it sure beats the price of the new motor I was looking into buying.

Chris Stewart
02-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks for sharing.
More plastic lines huh?

blazee
02-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks for sharing.
That is your CSFI injector assembly. GM has an updated version. It can be purchased for less than $200 at GMPartsDirect.

ZL1power69
02-02-2007, 11:52 PM
whats the typical life of the CSFI spider? i dont think we have it posted anywhere.

Add your comment to this topic!