Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

82 monte

doberman_52
02-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I am looking at possibly restoring an 82 monte carlo, t tops, nonstock 350, automatic trans, how hard would it be to redo the interior and electrical stuff, not worried about the motor since the 350 is very common. Any one have any expierence with the electrical/interior work?

richtazz
02-02-2007, 03:47 PM
THe electrical system is fairly basic in those cars, nothing like the fuel injected cars of today. As far as interior work, the parts are becoming more scarce in salvage yards, but again, nothing technically difficult.

doberman_52
02-02-2007, 04:16 PM
OK, I found a website where I can get just about any body or interior part that I need.

doberman_52
02-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Where can I get the electrical stuff? Thats the one thing that I can't seem to find.

'97ventureowner
02-05-2007, 02:23 PM
I used to own 4 Montes, two of them being '81s and I found a lot of parts in Hemming's Motor News, a monthly publication that a lot of rebuilders and restorers refer to as a "bible" There are ads from all over the country from private sellers to businesses and companies who deal in restoratiion parts. As these parts become scarcer in the salvage yards, more and more people are turning to sources like this. I remember there being a national Monte Carlo fan club for owners. You might wan tto check them out as a lot of these clubs have there own magazine and have sources for parts and info.

doberman_52
02-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Yea, I looked into hemmings after maxwedge told me about that, I hadnt thought about that here though. Ill look into some clubs, Thanks

'97ventureowner
02-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Here's a link to the National Monte Carlo Owners Association, one of the clubs I mentioned in my previous post. I was wondering if they were still around because when I first looked them up online I couldn't find them. Then I remembered what their full title was and it was easier to find them online. I know they have a big convention every year also. There is a local club in my area that is associated with the national chapter. Maybe there is one near where you are.
http://www.montecarloclub.com/

doberman_52
02-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!