Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

US Amps.

v10_viper
02-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Anyone know where I can get prices for some of the amps off of US Amps website? There are a couple amps on there that I like but I'm not ready to get them yet. Also, what are the costs on all of RE's new stuff. I know they've gone down the drain and they're prices have risen, are they still worth it?

bjboertje
02-01-2007, 12:27 PM
i don't think re is worth it anymore.
as for us amps, i've been hearing bad about them too, but:
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=6
they only have the XT series, but i'm sure you could talk to denim and get any of the others as well.

v10_viper
02-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah about 8 months ago when I was trying to get some RE subs I waited for more than 2 months, then called RE and told them forget it. I thought now that they've got stuff going again maybe it'd be easier to get them, but they were pretty bad at that point so if they're worse then I'll look past them.

Is Adire audio still pretty good, I am getting a new crew cab here in a few months and I'm saving up a chunk of change for performance stuff, stereo and other needless items. Any reccomendations on good car audio now days would be great.

How are those soundsplinter subwoofers? I like the prices on them and I'm not looking for anything powerful, between the two subs I'm not looking for anything more than 1000 rms. I'lll need two pairs of 6.5" components, an amp for them, and I'd prefer to keep the cost of it all under 1500. As always the cheaper the better but I'm no cheap ass so throw me somethin good!

bjboertje
02-02-2007, 11:06 AM
well, as for RE their products are great, imo. but they have become too much like JL Audio, way too expensive. Adire, still good products but i've heard bad about Dan and customer service. Soundsplinter makes awesome subs. TC Sounds is selling the classic TC 9 again, with a few changes.

v10_viper
02-02-2007, 07:26 PM
well, as for RE their products are great, imo. but they have become too much like JL Audio, way too expensive. Adire, still good products but i've heard bad about Dan and customer service. Soundsplinter makes awesome subs. TC Sounds is selling the classic TC 9 again, with a few changes.

How do the Sound Splinters compare to say some Fi subs. Pricing is similar but I think I like the Fi's more, and now since you can order off their website it seems like the smart choice to take.

I still haven't decided on components yet, and I'm narrowing down on what I want for amps.

PaulD
02-02-2007, 08:43 PM
I have an SI Mag sitting on a bo, waiting for me to get off my arse and start putting this stereo together in CRX. The Mag's are more of an SQ sub though.

v10_viper
02-03-2007, 12:30 AM
I have an SI Mag sitting on a bo, waiting for me to get off my arse and start putting this stereo together in CRX. The Mag's are more of an SQ sub though.

Ah yes, I remember these but I forgot the site that they were on, because they had that one kickass amp for a helluva good price, obviously I've forgotten a lot. But I think they're rather large for going behind a backseat in a crew cab truck.

Nevermind, remembered SI and found their website. The Mag might fit but I'm doubting it. My thoughts are two subs in a sealed box, but I might go with one rather powerful sub and port the box. I'm an sq guy so sealed is the thoughts but I know you can have sq with ported boxes.

PaulD
02-03-2007, 11:33 AM
If you port an SQ box, you have to tune it low - like 20-25 Hz .... that will make it a large box. The mag 15 is 8" tall, I would imagine a 12 would be at least 7" tall. Sometimes you have to work a little to install what you really want. The good thing about a mag is, it's efficient - I am sure you could get away with like 500 watt RMS to a single 12 or 15.

Add your comment to this topic!