Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Does anyone know of automotive summer courses for teenagers?

DylanTrott
01-29-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm trying to find some automotive courses in the some that let teenagers join.

I live in Philly. If anyone knows of anything like this please let me know I'd be very, very thankful.

Thank in advance,
Dylan.

'97ventureowner
01-29-2007, 10:26 PM
You could check with your school's guidance counselor, some of them have info on courses available over the summer, other choices include contacting your local colleges/universities and see if they have any summer programs for teens. Community colleges are usually a good start, especially if they offer an automotive program. In my area (NY) we have what is called B.O.C.E.S. which offers classes to teens and adults year round. They offer classes during the school year in different vocations, and also offer night and summer classes for everybody. The ones in my area offer a lot of different courses in automotive, including body work. You could also check other school districts in your area that teach automotive skills during the school year, some may offer summer classes, ( you might have to pay a little more if you are not enrolled in that district, but it might be worth it.) It wouldn't hurt to ask around your local area for info on classes. There are agencies that help youth get summer jobs or training in different fields, or even the unemployment office might be a source for info on upcoming courses. Hope that gets you started in the search and good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!