Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

value 95 Z34

dwalmop
01-29-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm thinking of buying a 95 Z34 as a fix-up and re-sell. It supposedly has a blown head gasket. Anyone know an approximate value of this car? I haven't looked at it yet to see how the body and interior are, but he wants $1400. I was thinking of just offering $1000 cash (if the ext. and int. are acceptable). Does anybody know if this is a fair price?

richtazz
01-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Unless you've dealt with the 3.4 DOHC, I wouldn't bother. That head gasket will morph into all sorts of evil. It will most likely end up exceeding the value of the car. Go to www.nada.com and punch in your zip code and the car model incl mileage. For example I did it for my area and used 90k miles (probably lower than this car has) and it showed $2800 average retail.

dwalmop
01-29-2007, 05:11 PM
I haven't dealt with that engine. It would be a new "experience" for me if I were to do it. What are some of the things I could be looking at with a blown head gasket? (The morphed evil)?

Thanks

corning_d3
01-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Anytime an engine has had coolant leak into it, all sorts of bad things can crop up. Bearing failure is the most common. Timing issues, among other things can turn into a headache if you've never dealt with DOHC's..

Add your comment to this topic!